Britax Safe-n-Sound B-First
- Britax Safe-n-Sound
It is estimated over 75% of car seats are unintentionally installed incorrectly. Even the safest design, improperly installed, can leave children vulnerable to injury or death during a crash. b-first ClickTight Installation System showcases a unique patented technology to Australia, designed to provide effortless and secure installation with fewer steps, every time. Dealing with crash energy earlier, the Advanced SICT combines advanced safety and freedom of space. Designed to reduce everyday misuse, and offer overall increased protection, b-first offers parents safety and flexibility.
Both ClickTight and Advanced SICT technologies are firsts in Australia.
Britax engineers used an iterative design and development approach, paired with extensive testing to deliver an optimum design solution. By integrating our patented “self-tensioning system” (ClickTight) within the child seat structure, Britax were able to conceal a metal frame and “isofix” style latch system capable of withstanding extreme loads without altering the overall appearance of the seat.
Advancing our ‘patented’ side impact protection system with a new ‘deployable’ design, Britax could offer flexibility to the user so that side impact dampers can be deployed only when required on one side of the child seat, freeing up space for growing families.
b-first’s dynamic performance combined with a vastly simpler ‘ease of installation’ has delivered what we believe is a world class, leading and innovative design in Australia.
When assessed by NEURA in a laboratory trial against a traditional seat belt installation, b-first showed a ‘statistically significant’. improvement in reducing the potential for a seat belt installation error.
Scientific studies have continuously proven that reducing the potential for errors during installation has the positive impact of minimizing potential harm to children during vehicle accidents.
We believe the industrial design of this Car Seat has set a new benchmark amongst its peers in Australia and is the first of its kind with a completely closed shell, textured surfaces and touch points providing haptic feedback and colours used specifically to inform consumers around installation and designed to reduce the risk of misuse. Further, the soft goods (trim) design further showcases the benefits of investing in professional design.
Combining this design with other designs created by our company abroad, we feel confident the profession of design will continue to evolve.
Having been fully designed and developed in Victoria, Australia by the Britax Engineering, Industrial Design, Soft Goods Design and Graphic Design team members, we feel this project showcases bringing design and creativity into an every day use, safety leading product.
b-first Next Generation safety comprises new and innovative technologies that are disruptive to the Australian market in both the design scope and user interaction. Consumer needs and everyday use is at the core of the b-first design. Britax engineers developed solutions that primarily reduced installation misuse and delivered overall maximum protection and safety. Similar to solutions found in different industries (such as automotive, by incorporating advanced proven technologies, such as secure locking isofix latch design within ClickTight frame, fewer installation steps, crumple zone technology in side impact protection. Examples of the new and innovative safety value propositions in the child restraint industry.
• ADVANCED SICT: Located on the outboard position of the headrest and torso, closer to the point of impact minimizing crash forces in a side collision
• PROTECTIVE SHELL: An enclosed shell design to provide maximum protection
• REARWARD FACING LEVELLING INDICATOR: Visual levelling indicator designed to aid correct rearward installation angles
• VENTILATION ZONES: In the rear interior and exterior of the b-first seat are designed for better airflow, keeping baby cool and comfortable
• HASSLE FREE HARNESS – Ease of everyday use is so important, easy adjustable headrests grows with child. No Need for rethreading
• REARWARD FACING FOR LONGER: Keeping child rearward facing for as long as possible is safest position for baby. Birth to 2-3years approximately.
• COMFORT: All our covers are made with THERMO5 High Performance Bamboo charcoal fabric. Combined with NANOTEX SPILL Protection, offer stain resistant and moisture repellant properties makes the seat easy to clean on the go.
• INTEGRATED COLOURED BELT PATHS Highlighted Visual seat belt paths make it easier to guide seat belt correctly
• FORWARD FACING COMFORT RECLINE LEVELS 4 simple to use functional comfort recline positions: Awake / Laze / Nap / Sleep