Entries must comply with the following Eligibility Criteria
- The client (commissioning organisation) may be local, national or international. The primary designer(s) must be Victorian.
- All entries must comply with the applicable Australian and international standards for the intended marketplace.
- Upon submission, the entrant warrants that the design is their original and individual work. The organiser reserves the right to request further evidence such as design concepts, applicable patents, trademarks and/or IP ownership.
- Entrants must have the permission of the client to enter the design.
- Designs submitted by entrants that include any of the following, must accompany written approval from an authorised representative, or may be disqualified: trademarks, service marks, trade names, brands, or copyrighted material of third parties. Names or depictions of public figures, public officials, or celebrities. Personal information, for example, phone numbers, addresses.
- Designs submitted by entrants must not feature: obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, violent statements or images. contextually offensive, discriminatory statements or images.
- Designs submitted by entrants created using unauthorised, pirated copies of computer software will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm AEST, September 18, 2020 unless stated otherwise by the organiser.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants acknowledge their submissions, including supporting images, photography and AV material must be made available for use by the Victorian Government and the organiser for the ongoing promotion of design in Victoria, Australia and internationally. Images and AV material may be supplied to the media for publication to further promote the entry and the awards in general. While every effort will be made to credit the entrant and/or photographer, the organiser does not accept any responsibility in the event that a third party uses any such material without due credit.
- The entrant understands that they may be contacted for comment by the media in relation to their project. Entry samples might undergo internal inspections or tests and may therefore be dismantled. Every effort will be made to rebuild samples to their original state prior to return however the organiser accepts no responsibility for failure to do so.
- Entry samples may be transported by the organiser. Every effort will be made to ensure the security of entry material and other materials submitted by the applicant during assessment and exhibition. The organiser, its employees and contractors accept no responsibility for any damage or loss caused to any submission material during transportation, handling or storage and that packaging, transportation and insurance of any submission material is the responsibility of the applicant. Due to the highly fragile nature of some submission material, please be aware that damage or loss might occur. Insurance to cover damage or loss should be considered if the value of the item is considerable.
- Submission material is “on loan” by the organiser for the period between the submission due date to the Victorian Premier’s Design Awards Presentation Ceremony. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for collection of all submission material following this period.
- If an award finalist or winner is in breach of the terms and conditions of entry, the entrant’s submission will be deemed invalid and the award deemed null and void, and returned. The entrant may be liable for any costs associated as a result of action taken.
- By submitting an entry to the awards, the applicant is agreeing to the above-mentioned terms and conditions of entry.
- The Victorian Government has the right to amend these terms and conditions at their discretion.