John Sands Website
- Chromatix Digital Agency
For 180 years, John Sands has helped customers create beautiful moments with the people they love. Growing an extensive range of products spanning across cards, gifting, and stationery, John sands takes pride in finding innovative ways for their customers to create meaningful connections.
Supporting a family that have exponentially grown to 6000 stores, John Sands outgrew the website that they started with many years ago and required a digital platform that could hero their products creatively, effectively and professionally to give confidence to their expanding global clientele.
The website’s look book style layout allows the products’ beautiful artworks and inspirational messages to sell themselves. With a soft colour palette, John Sands creates a welcoming, ‘warm hug’ effect, making the user comfortable and encouraging them to stay on the site longer.
This website gives the user a personal, feel-good experience of opening a card digitally.
John Sands engaged us to design a website that presented its written content in a minimalistic yet structured fashion, with presentation of this content highlighted with big and bold graphics.
It needed to encapsulate the light-hearted and carefree philosophy reflective of their products in order to deliver a visually fulfilling experience for John Sand’s existing and prospective customers.
The creative solution for this was to keep written content clear and minimal, and accompany this content with stop motion videos. The site also needed to provide a secure gateway for customers to access and browse multiple product lines, and serve as a content stronghold with the popular blog functionality.
– The John Sands website features a portal for their trade partners on their page, streamlining their operational processes while giving their trade partners ease of convenience to access their products.
– Breadcrumb tags on Child pages to secure site navigation confidence
– Use of WordPress post formats to enable ease of use for editors to generate new content
– Use of lightbox to present product information to maintain minimalism and clarity, and allow for ease of view on mobile devices
– Ensuring smooth user experiences when under heavy traffic through optimised graphics, especially with the use of stop motion